Transitioning to Fall: Makeup
This is a guest post by Kirsten Brusse from The Daily Beauty Blotter.
Now that the kids are back in school and summer has ended, it’s time to get back into a routine and trade in that tinted moisturizer for something a little more substantial. To help you update your makeup bag, here are some fall trends that are very wearable and easily incorporated into your existing makeup wardrobe.
1) Matte Foundation – this is huge this season. When wearing a matte foundation, the right shade is key, so make sure it matches your skin and blend,blend, blend!
2) The smoky brown eye. Very soft and pretty and very wearable. I especially love this palette from Bobbi Brown.
3) Graphic eye in cobalt blue – try the classic cat eye with this Urban Decay Glide On eye pencil for a big impact!
4) A berry lip. Choose a balm or gloss to make this trend wearable and less intimidating. Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is universally flattering, sheer and easy to use.
5) Oxblood nail polish – this is my absolute favorite and I will be wearing it all season long.