Creating a Style “Uniform” on The Rhode Show
.Want to create your own “uniform”? Here are my tips (we didn’t get to all of them on The Rhode Show this morning!)
1. Decide what items in your closet flatter you the most and make you the happiest. Is it a great-fitting skinny pant? A pencil skirt? A dress? Jeans? Pick a few favorite pieces and build an outfit around them. Then, replicate the look using the same formula (i.e. skinny pants + silky blouse + skinny belt)
2. Choose a color palette – do you love neutrals? Focus on camels, creams, and white, or black and grey. Love color? Go with bright magentas, greens and blues anchored with navy.
3. Create a style mark – add something to your outfits that shows some of your personality. A red lip? Bright shoes? A leopard print belt? Fun socks?
4. Pare down your closet – get rid of what you don’t wear, and keep only your most flattering pieces. From there you can tweak and upgrade your existing wardrobe. The average women wears 20% of her clothes, 80% of the time anyway.
5. Shop intentionally – know what works for you and only buy things that make you look and feel great and fit into your new uniform.